Wednesday, August 9, 2017

First Two Days of Germany in Frankfurt

Written on Tuesday, 7/25/17

Things don't always go as planned and so far I've had my challenges. I lost my favorite reading glasses on the plane and then my favorite sunglasses with built in readers out in town on our first day.  My phone has no service, but Miranda's does. Of course. I forgot the tip I read before coming, that it was good to take a Pepto pill per day to protect your stomach from food poisoning and I forgot to pack them.

The Eschenheimer Tower- Frankfurt

Frankfurt was a lot of fun but we were jet lagged. We arrived Sunday, the 22nd and we walked around and saw the Old Opera House and the Eschenheimer Tower. I wish I'd remembered that museums are closed on Mondays and we could have gone to at least one on Sunday. Although we were so exhausted on Sunday that we laid down for a short nap at 6 p.m. and woke up and 10 p.m. I woke up, showered and went back to sleep. We still slept late on Monday morning!

Monday we went out and saw a lot. We saw the Romer, the old town and two churches around there. we walked along the river and then went across the Galleria shopping ares to see a few more churches. We went to to the Goethe House museum and learned all about him and the artwork that his family collected. We ate in a really great restaurant that obviously catered to tourists, but that was okay. The decor was magnificent. I found out I'm not that crazy about German food, but the beer was pretty good. The best part was the decor. It was awesome!

Tourist Trap Restaurant in the Romer that we Loved

When we headed back to the hotel we stopped at the grocery store across the street from the hotel and bought ham, cheese and bread, chips, and apples for dinner.

M must have still been very jet lagged recuse she fell fast asleep and only woke up to eat her sandwich and she read for a little while.

I didn't sleep well and woke up a couple of times. We ended up over sleeping in a little again until 9:30. At 12:20 pm on Tuesday, the 25th we were on the train to Heidelberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment