Monday, August 14, 2017

On the Overnight Train to Berlin

So here is what I wrote on the train to Berlin on 7/28/17 when I was exhausted.

On the train to Berlin. End of Day 6. We only have 2 days left now in Berlin, Saturday and Sunday. We get there Saturday morning, so we only have Saturday and part of Sunday to do things.

Miranda sleeping across all 3 seats.

At this point in our trip I'm so exhausted that I would be happy just sitting in a cafe for a whole day or sleeping. But I know I can't. I know I have to have enough energy for both of us to finish this last leg of the trip.

Berlin has the Cold War history. I want to see the Wall memorial and I want to go to the East side. I want to go to the concentration camp there too. So I need to have enough energy for those two things and the Hard Rock Cafe.

I'm so glad I bought a first class compartment with nice seats 
& nobody came to sit with us the whole ride to Berlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment